Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sometimes It's Just a Long Day (and Other Tales)

Sometimes, when you are seven, the day is long and hard. Sometimes you get tired of playing with and being bossed around by your older sister. Sometimes you are worried about tomorrow because your teacher has warned you that she'll probably be cranky after the full moon tonight. Sometimes, your little brother gets into your things and your little sister keeps turning off the keyboard that you are trying to play with. Sometimes you just want to cry for a minute and snuggle on the couch with Mommy. Sometimes you are so exhausted by your day that you decide to skip volleyball practice, which you love. Sometimes you eat dinner, take a shower, read scriptures, say prayers, and kiss everyone goodnight.

Because, sometimes, the best cure for a long day is to just go the heck to bed.


Other Tales:

Julia's class went on a field trip to the symphony today and I got to chaperone. She marveled at the beautiful, clean bathroom in the Phoenix Convention Center with its fancy carpet and lighted mirrors, and announced, "If this place has soft toilet paper, too, I'm going to be in heaven."

Alexa was in a huff tonight after I asked her to put two nightgowns away that she had left on the floor. She folded her arms and turned away from me dramatically and said, "You keep making me do all these hard jobs! And all I ever, ever wanted in my life was to be a singer!" 

Spencer spent part of his evening alternating between brushing his hair with a light-up princess brush and trying to unscrew the girls' bunk bed screws with a tube of plastic lipstick. Clearly he has influences all around him. And, although he still refuses to say "Mama," he declared five times today, "I love Dada!" (Which really sounds more like "Da duh Dada!" but I get the message.)

No comments:

Post a Comment