Last year on a blustery November day after school the girls and I did an impromptu photo shoot on the "Hesper Knoll" sign that marks the entrance to our neighborhood. (See, you see tell how cold it was in the pictures to the left because the girls are wearing long-sleeves with their shorts. Must've been less than 75 degrees that day.) (And yes, most days I still think of Hester Prynne when I see the sign.)
I wanted to take some pictures there again this year to mark that infernal passage of time once again. Some days I am overwhelmed with how fast they are growing. Some days I am overwhelmed with how much I love them. And some days I am just plain overwhelmed.
Savanna has traded her jack-o-lantern smile for adult teeth. Julia is looking less and less like a little girl every day, and Alexa has pretty much lost her baby face.
Some other pictures of note from our little shoot:
It's sad that they are getting big so fast. But they are growing up to be really wonderful, caring, funny little individuals, and that makes me indescribably glad.
P.S. They all pretty much chose their own poses and definitely chose their own accessories. (Enter the sombrero.)

No comments:
Post a Comment