I lied.
It's not fake winter here at all. Just everywhere else in the country.
Craig is going to Missouri early tomorrow morning for his grandfather's funeral. It's winter there. (Real, real winter.)
{Oct. 2010}
Grandpa Charles was a kind, wonderful, hard-working man who will surely be missed. His unexpected death at 82 years young reminds me what a precious gift life is, how important it is to leave a legacy of love and service after our time here on earth, and how 90% of the things that I worry and stress about are not really very important at all.
"The death of someone we know always reminds us that we are still alive--perhaps for some purpose which we ought to re-examine."
-Mignon McLaughlin
I love you and your beautiful insights. I fear I am leaving only a legacy of insanity and, well, insanity. I love you and your family and I am so sorry for your loss. :(
ReplyDelete