We seldom have a Saturday morning doesn't start off on a hectic note, but this Saturday happened to be one of those rare gems where nothing was on the schedule for several hours It was a great real Saturday end to a week's worth of fake Saturdays.
I will admit, initially I went into the living room for a quiet place to eat my breakfast and escape the noise of Netflix blaring in the other room. The children soon followed, though, as they are wont to do, and after crabbing about it quietly to myself for a couple minutes, I realized that I was glad that they had. It is truly rare that we are all in the same room this way, playing and chatting together with the television OFF. There may or may not have been electronics involved during our family time, but hey, we're still human.
The peace and calm didn't last forever, of course, because we had some things going on later in the day (stringing Christmas lights for Craig and Beauty and the Beast with Grandma Linda for Lex and me...and, incidentally, lots and lots of Phineus and Ferb for J and Van) but it was a wonderful, lazy morning etched into a life that is getting increasingly more busy with each passing year.
{well, these guys are still human, anyway.}
{best Christmas toy ever}
{best Lexa ever}
{Lexa love}
{ I can always tell that Craig is concocting some sort
of plan when he gets this dreamy look in his eyes.}
{snuggled up in front of the tree...until Lexa stole her blanket back from me}
{here Lex is emphatically telling Spencer to leave the ornaments on the tree}
{her new favorite phrase: "Seriously, Mommy? Seriously?"}
No comments:
Post a Comment