Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ten Days


Family ordinance 9.1.2014.130p:

Hereafter, and forevermore, no Katie over the age of thirty shall attempt to put on or utilize roller skates of any size, color, or variety, in an effort to reclaim her youth, impress her children, and/or fondly remember the long-gone glory days of Stardust Roller Rink. If any Katie takes part in any of the above, said family shall not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of these actions, nor the costs incurred associated with any of the aforementioned injuries.


No, it's not broken. The docs at Urgent Care called it a strain, splinted and wrapped my hand, gave me a sling, recommended more x-rays in five days, and told me to keep my hand immobile for ten days. (This should be interesting.)

Yes, I am embarrassed that this happened.

Yes, I went to Urgent Care with my hair looking like this. I had fallen asleep on the couch earlier but I couldn't move my left hand to fix my loony locks.

No, I cannot button my pants, or get a baby dressed, or make dinner, or put in a new trash bag, or floss my teeth, or put a twist-tie on.

Yes, this could have been much worse.

So, I am basking in fact that I am fortunate enough to still do a lot of things like pour milk, or load the dishwasher, or switch the laundry, or change a wet diaper. (Not a poopy one, though...I need backup for those.) I am blessed with a sweet mother-in-law who came to my rescue to help with Spencer today, an attentive Visiting Teacher who brought my kids home from school and then brought me dinner, kids who are pitching in without complaint, and a handsome honey who is willing to do whatever I can't, from putting my hair in a ponytail, to bringing down and starting the laundry, to cleaning up the kitchen and bathing the kiddos.

But yeah, I'll be excited when ten days have gone by.

4 comments:

  1. I hereby and heretofore dub thee Loony Locks. Plus you're only 20. (Cuz I'm not even over the age of thirty.) Plus roller skates are the Devil's mode of transportation. Plus I'm sorry and I wish I was there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more than happy to come help you with anything you may need help with (maybe not flossing your teeth (although I might if you really needed it)), I did just get told by the doctor that more work and keeping my body busy is the best thing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that one time you did that cool trick with a shopping cart at Ralph's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I can't believe it you poor thing :( Wish I could come and help out-I've been missing you!!

    ReplyDelete