Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Christmas On Our Minds

I am trying something new this year. It's called: Start Christmas Shopping in August So That You Don't Have to Spend a Fortune On It In November and December. 

(This is a big deal. I am truly a procrastinator at heart; but, Saving Money trumps Putting Stuff Off, at least this year, so I'm going for it.)

Since I am starting early, that means I had to ask the kids recently what they wanted for Christmas. Of course, they diligently produced their lists; Julia's features a "yot," (don't worry, we won't really get her one until she learns how to spell it correctly), Alexa has requested all things beautiful, from "beautiful dresses," to "beautiful jewelry," and Vanna, our future entomologist, wants a "text book of bugs."

I didn't realize that asking for their lists at the end of the summer would fully insinuate Christmas into their brains so early in the season. (And by "early in the season," I mean, "not the Christmas season at all.)

Alas, I should have known better, for I am seeing touches of it all over now...


{tree}


{letter}


{The Santa Clause 2}


{Christmas music dance party}

And so, in the Monson house, on this day in early September, it's beginning to look...

...just a little...

...like Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Funny. Just funny. Oh, and shut up about Christmas already, will ya??

    ReplyDelete