Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bum Hand and Other News

So, my hand is still bugging me, even though today it's been ten days since I fell on it. (I'm feeling sillier and sillier about this whole thing as time goes on.) Two wonderful people brought us dinner last week to help out, which was such a lifesaver, and you better believe we made those meals stretch! Basically, we have had a lot of leftovers/cereal for dinner/rotisserie chicken nights because as soon as I start thinking about needing to make dinner, and all of the chopping and prepping involved with making just about anything, I totally balk; basically, that's the time of day when my trusty hand is hurting the worst and I'm feeling the least capable of accomplishing just about anything. (I blame cute Spencer and his homework-hour table-climbing shenanigans for that.)

Last night I caught Craig just in time on his way home from work to have him pick up some bagels so he could make his famous bagel sandwiches for us for dinner.
There are two things I love in particular about those things:

1) Craig makes them.
2) I don't.

Oh, and also, they are super delicious and go perfectly with Orange Julias, (as we like to call them around here.) Breakfast is the dinner of champions, that's what I say. Plus, did I mention that Craig makes them?

In other news, you will never believe this, but school in our district was CANCELED on Monday due to massive rain and flooding. Canceled. Can you imagine? I mean, we live in Phoenix. The only kind of inclement weather we have ever been exposed to is triple digit heat for 5 or 6 months out of the year, and that certainly doesn't keep us from going to school (though it does account for inside recess sometimes!) And not only did the girls not have school, but Craig's boss also texted and told everyone not to come in because the flooding was so bad. Sweet, right?

So, we did what any family would do when they find themselves with an unexpected free day: we watched lots of tv and took naps. It's really amazing how much you can get done in one day!





This is the flooded greenbelt across the street from our house. It seriously looked like a lake. Other greenbelts around the neighborhood were so full of water that people busted out their boogie boards and actually went swimming in them.

Dis. Gusting.

2 comments:

  1. Your camera is cracking me up. Also, I'm very sorry your hand still hurts. :( You should have it x-rayed again. And you should send Craig to my house to make bagel sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your hand is still hurting! I wish we lived close by again. I'd bring you dinner! We got a ton of rain near our house, too. I also saw MANY people out swimming in the flooded greenbelts. I totally agree with you...DISGUSTING!

    ReplyDelete