I will be the first to admit that I love seeing vacuum lines on the carpet. Especially when they were put there by someone that's not named "Mommy." Imagine my surprise, then, when I got back from a run and found that Craig had spontaneously vacuumed our family room. Our exchange went something like this:
Me: Wow, did you vacuum in here?
Craig: Yep.
Me (seeing the toys): And then you decided to play for a little bit?
Craig (smiling): Well, I just vacuumed the important parts.
I'm not complaining. I'll take all the free vacuum lines I can get. But it does make me chuckle.
Me: Hey, just so you know, I finally designated a craft cupboard for us.
Craig: You did? Oh, good.
Me: That's "craft," not "crap."
Craig: Dangit.
And:
Savanna (on a particularly stressful day): Mommy, what was your favorite part of the day today?
Mommy: Hmm. I don't know if my favorite part of the day has happened yet. But I am really excited that I got all the fingerprints off the fridge and microwave today. My life is not very exciting.
Craig (laughing so hard that he's almost choking on his food): My favorite part of the day was hearing what Mommy's favorite part of the day was.
Thank goodness for reasons to laugh out loud every day.
(P.S. This is my 500th post! Slow and steady wins the race, people; slo-ow and steady...)
No comments:
Post a Comment