Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Confessions (The "Sometimes" Edition)

Sometimes, in the interest of eliminating clutter, saving time, and/or preserving my sanity, I throw things away. You know...other people's things. Crayons. Polly Pocket shoes. Batteries that may or may not work. Half empty snack bags. Art projects. Errant tubes of lip gloss. Peter Piper trinkets. Abandoned toothbrushes. Rocks. (Yes, there are a lot if those around here, and some of them even have names).

Sometimes I feel bad about the above. And then no one notices or misses any of it. So then I do it some more.

Sometimes I wish I could throw Husband's stuff away, too. But then I think of the time that I gave the girls our entire packet of insurance paperwork to use for scratch paper because I thought we had cancelled the policy. (We hadn't. They had to send the paperwork again.) And so now I don't throw his stuff away anymore...because he just might notice.

Sometimes I go to Target for diaper cream and I buy diaper cream and also three shirts for myself. (Only when they are only $3 on the clearance rack, though, I promise.) Because...

Sometimes I just want to look cute.

Sometimes I chew a piece of gum when I should brush my teeth instead.

Sometimes I tell my kids "no" even before they have the chance to spout off their question and/or request. As in, "Hmm-mm, it doesn't matter what you want right now. Just...no."

Sometimes I don't make the kids eat any vegetables with their dinner.



Sometimes I make myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch even when the kids aren't having one. With chocolate milk. And Pirate's Booty.

Sometimes my obsession with Pirate's Booty reaches the point of eating it out of the bottom of the toy bag where it has tragically spilled. (It's good stuff, matey...that thar be the truth.)

Sometimes I bring a bag of Pirate's Booty in the car with me when I pick the girls up from school.

Sometimes I share it with them.

Sometimes I don't.




Sometimes I realize at 5:00 pm that I am out of the tomato sauce that I need to make Spanish rice with dinner.

So, sometimes we use our Burger King coupons instead.


Okay, I think that I have made sufficient confessions for today.

Because sometimes Craig reads this. And I don't want to give away all my secrets. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you blog so much I can't even keep up. And then it's like a treasure trove of Katie. That thar be the truth. I love you to death you brilliantly funny little land mermaid.

    ReplyDelete