Spirit Week at the girls' school this week. Long socks, crazy hair, and pajamas abounded. Oh, and there was also "dress like a hero" day. Julia chose to dress like me; very flattering I know, but I suspect it might be because she wanted to wear my clothes and earrings to school. Lex got in on the action and dressed up, too. It's par for the course for little Miss Actress, who usually has 1-3 costume changes a day, so she was definitely in her element. (As you can see below, she is perfecting her rapper pose. You never know what kind of role she might be auditioning for next.)
In other news:
Craig continues to brave the summer heat, spending his mornings digging holes, planting trees, and installing irrigation lines in our barren backyard. I tell you, it sure is lovely to see a little bit of green out the back windows instead of desert brown covering every single inch.
I hit the Goodwill half-off sale like a maniac yesterday, searching for materials for a top-secret holiday project I'm working on. 3 trips to two Goodwill stores in one day. Now that's what I call a Saturday. (If the project doesn't turn out the way I want, it can just stay secret, too. That's the beauty of not spilling the beans, friends.)
Lexa asked me today, while she was putting the silverware away and I was cleaning in the other room, "So, you want the kids to do ALL the work?" It's so wonderful to be appreciated.
After I told Julia that I had just said something that wasn't meant for her ears, she goes, "You should always expect my ears to be listening." (This is true...and I should also always expect her to read my text messages.)
Mornings are cooling off just the tiniest bit, but the mugginess has got to go. Oh, and also the mosquitoes that are eating us alive every time we go outside.
Looking forward to putting the kids to bed as soon as possible (thank you, earlier sunsets!) and secret projecting the night away...if I can convince Craig to lend me a hand, that is. Hope your weekend was beautiful!
Craig continues to brave the summer heat, spending his mornings digging holes, planting trees, and installing irrigation lines in our barren backyard. I tell you, it sure is lovely to see a little bit of green out the back windows instead of desert brown covering every single inch.
I hit the Goodwill half-off sale like a maniac yesterday, searching for materials for a top-secret holiday project I'm working on. 3 trips to two Goodwill stores in one day. Now that's what I call a Saturday. (If the project doesn't turn out the way I want, it can just stay secret, too. That's the beauty of not spilling the beans, friends.)
Lexa asked me today, while she was putting the silverware away and I was cleaning in the other room, "So, you want the kids to do ALL the work?" It's so wonderful to be appreciated.
After I told Julia that I had just said something that wasn't meant for her ears, she goes, "You should always expect my ears to be listening." (This is true...and I should also always expect her to read my text messages.)
Mornings are cooling off just the tiniest bit, but the mugginess has got to go. Oh, and also the mosquitoes that are eating us alive every time we go outside.
Looking forward to putting the kids to bed as soon as possible (thank you, earlier sunsets!) and secret projecting the night away...if I can convince Craig to lend me a hand, that is. Hope your weekend was beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment