On Friday, I broke my vow.
Thankfully, since I knew my tank was very nearly empty, and since we both needed to fill up together anyway (thank you Fry's fuel points...sorry if we aren't supposed to fill both cars up in one transaction, but, well...you know how it is) Craig and I were driving together when IT happened. (Remember...the thing I swore would never happen?) He saw me pulling over and pulled over right away, too. Then we had a good laugh as we drove home for the gas can. (That would have been a little too convenient for the gas can to have actually been in one of the vehicles, no?) I guess we'll pay more attention to that fancy "range" feature I have in the van and maybe actually go by what it says next time.
I felt super grateful that Craig was there to save the day.
(He's quite handsome, I must say, even when he is cutting holes in my ceiling or
accidentally ripping the tassels off of Savanna's handlebars with the fan in his blower.)
So handsome and wonderful, in fact, that I decided to help him move approximately one ton of cement blocks from the garage to the backyard to make room in said garage for more backyard project materials.
(Well, technically I moved about one block for every two he moved, but hey, it was something.)
P.S. After yet another torrential rain storm on Saturday, (in which the children and I were in the car making our way back home and Savanna thought we were going to die) our backyard looks like a chocolate river is running through it.
P.P.S. I do NOT recommend tasting it, however.
I mean, we all know what happened to poor Augustus Gloop.
(You boiled him up, I know it!)


I still have no words for your hilarious Augustus Gloop reference. But I figured you at least deserved to know that you have left me speechless. I'm going to go lick some wallpaper now...
ReplyDelete