Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Volley Bombers in Action

Having been surrounded for years by other parents who have had their kids in various sports from a young age, I will admit that I have felt a tiny bit like a slacker-mom for putting off extracurricular activities for my kids as long as humanly possible. Whether or not this is linked to the fact that my first 3 children are all girls who have been content spending their weekend energy building forts and making music videos remains to be seen, but I strongly suspect that this is the case. Another factor is, of course, my sentiment that kiddos are small for such a short amount of time, which means that I have been in absolutely no hurry to accelerate the growing-up process; nor have I looked forward to the time in which our Saturdays were mainly spent away from home at various sporting events. (Okay, that's two more factors. You get the point.)

Needless to say, in the interest of ensuring the well-roundedness of our children, we decided (er, Craig convinced me) that it was time to get them into a sport, and volleyball was the top pick. Initially, we only signed Julia up, but once Savanna showed off her athletic ability while Craig during practice,  we agreed on signing her up, too. Thankfully, they are close enough in age to be on the same team (hooray!) with the added bonus that Craig volunteered to coach and has really enjoyed sharing this experience with both of them. It's been really cool to see how excited all of them are about this new challenge. 


gearing up for a serve


going in for a hit


getting distracted by Mommy while they are supposed to be paying attention
(good thing I know the coach)


check out that focused face


Coach Daddy in action


not sure what's going on here, but it sure looks funny


ready for the kill


here they are in their uniforms for the first time...


...and even Alexa is getting into the Volley Bomber spirit

Not only are they adorable, they are having a blast, and that makes me super happy.

1 comment: