The girls had their fall break last week, and since I am scared to spend an entire week alone with my own children in my own home, I coerced an invitation out of my sister-in-law Amy to their cabin for a few days and did not regret it for a moment. The girls played outside pretty much constantly, barring mealtimes, and I got some much-needed inside quiet time. (A mommy just can't get enough of that, I'm telling you.) Spencer struggled a little with naps (and by that I mean he pretty much refused to take them) but once we figured out that walks out in the neighborhood immediately cured him of his grumpies (despite the fact that it was freezing cold outside), we bundled him up and went that route to keep ourselves sane. (By "we," I mean Amy and I. She is the aunt that doesn't quit. She is so amazing, and the kids are crazy about her. As am I. And, all love for the kiddos aside, she is a wonderful cook who lovingly fattened me up for the duration of my time up there. Happy sigh.)
Anyway, here are some highlights.
And by the way, when I said "freezing," I actually meant it. It totally snowed while we were up there.
More happy sighs.
No comments:
Post a Comment