Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, October 3, 2013

More Love for the Endtable

If it sits next to your bed, is it an end table? Or is it a nightstand? Probably the latter, but I almost always call it the former, since I have never really taken the time to add "nightstand" to my everyday vernacular. (But "vernacular" is sure as heck there, because who can resist that word? It rhymes with "spectacular" for a reason, people.)

Bedroom furniture vernacular aside, Julia recently took advantage of the master bedroom chaos incited by Alexa to fashion Craig and I some marvelous gifts for our respective end tables. (Er, nightstands...whatever.) For me, a portrait, and for Craig, a tiger. Both sculpted with loving care out of easy-to-find household materials like dollhouse accessories, pom poms, pillows, and scarves. (Well, easy-to-find in this house brimming with female children, anyway.) This girl is clever and adorable in every way; such a valued part of the complex fabric of our family.


"To: mommy. from: Julia M.
here is a picture of you."


I say she captured my pom pom eyes quite accurately. Wouldn't you agree?


"to: daddy. from Julia M.
here is a tiger. Roar!"


Makes me sad for the day when our bedroom will be our own again.

Well, not really. But what a cute, clever gift from a cute, clever girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment