Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Lights of Christmas

We had every intention of participating in our church's "Light the World" campaign this Christmas season, in which we were meant to choose a service activity to do each day of December in order to keep the focus of Christmas on Christ and not on ourselves. We had some great ideas and really tried for a few days at least...before the busyness and bustle of the season threw us off and many of our good intentions went unrealized. I know that we don't light the world automatically each day just because we are alive in it. I know that it takes time and effort and a purposeful resolve. But I also know that in trying to follow Christ, whether it be through a specific service campaign or in the quiet and often unseen choices of our individual lives, we can indeed show a concern and a love to others that can make a difference, however small, in the light that exists in the world.

I hope that Craig and I can foster in our children a deep desire to do good for others--both within our family and without--in order to fuel the light-making effort to fight the darkness and despair that at times seem to overwhelm the earth. I hope that we can make a year-long effort and commitment to be a light, in kindness, words, and actions, to all those who cross our paths.









No comments:

Post a Comment