Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, May 26, 2016

We Are The Champions

We DID it!

We made it through the hardest, most complicated, emotionally taxing school year of our entire lives. It has been, in turns, the fastest and slowest months of my life. The best and worst. The happiest and saddest.

We have laughed. We have cried. And we have prayed and prayed and prayed.

And here we are. Still standing. Still smiling. And ready(ish) for summer. 





I could never put into words how very, very proud I am of these four. They have been courageous. They have been accommodating and understanding. They have risen, painfully and gracefully, to a set of challenges that we never even glimpsed on the horizon. They have grown in ways I could never have hoped for. They have reached out to me and to each other in the sweetest, most selfless, most heartfelt ways. They have matured in years and years over the span of 7 months.

Don't ask me how we will approach next year, with two different school schedules and a child in (gulp) middle school. Right now we are just basking in the glow of our hard-won victory.

They did it. I did it. We all did it.

We are the champions.


No comments:

Post a Comment