Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, May 19, 2016

This Girl's Life

I open up this lovely blog of mine almost every day and just stare at the screen. And I stare and I stare and I stare. With no energy or mental acuity to report anything of substance. There are things I want to say. Things I want to document. Things I want to remember. 

And yet, every single brain cell of mine lately seems to be taken up with the every day minutiae of our busy, non-stop life. Every ounce of energy goes towards the waking up of kids, the packing of backpacks and filling of water bottles, the running around, the cleaning (and cleaning and more cleaning) of kitchen and family room and kitchen again, the bathing of 4 little bodies, the appointment making and keeping, the food making, the food shopping, the budgeting, the hugging, the comforting, the homework helping, the laundry gathering, and washing, and folding, and putting away, the finding of toys, of favorite shows, of patience. I am on the clock, from the time my eyes open until they close in exhaustion at the end of the night. 


It is a full life. There are smiles. There are hugs. There are tears, and anger, and frustration, and complaining, and bad attitudes (mine included!) and sickness. But mostly there is love. And peace. Help and support from my favorite humans, both tiny and otherwise. And a wonderful, blessed, fulfilling companionship within our beautiful, imperfect family.

So even though I have neither the time nor ability to rally my thinking powers for anything substantial or interesting on this blog, I do love this life. I love it so much that sometimes I can't help but smile as I am falling asleep at night.

Well, one half of my mouth smiles. The other half is snoring and drooling before my head hits the pillow.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say? You inspire me. You make me laugh. You make me cry. You make me want to be a better person. A person who is just a little bit more like you.

    ReplyDelete