Speaking of Craig, (remember, I mentioned him up there in between the laundry and the procrastinating?) this poor guy had to have minor surgery to remove some basal cell carcinoma that had made itself at home on his forehead. Yikes. While we thought the result would involve some deep cutting, the area that needed to be removed ended up being much wider than expected and required some small skin grafts. In a nutshell, it's been a painful, stressful few days for my handsome honey, but he is handling it like the trouper he is. He doesn't even seem to be overly concerned about the scary gash traversing his forehead. In a couple weeks the many stitches will come out and we are hoping the scarring will be minimal. I am also hoping that the stress of experiencing severe head pain whilst small children are afoot will not inspire my wonderful husband to purchase a one-way ticket to Anywhere Else.
(Because, in case you were wondering, no amount of reminders to the children that Daddy's head is hurting have produced any results on the volume of their voices, their demands for Daddy's time and attention and/or the general manner in which they conduct themselves.)
On a lighter note, I have happily discovered that Craig's sense of humor remains in tact. In a flustered moment last night when one of the girls was (yet again) calling my name, I spouted, "Ugh! Why do they always want something from me??" Craig's swift and accurate response was, "It's not just you. It's anything that's bigger than them that has a heartbeat."
True that.
Get better soon, my sweet love!
Yikes! I'm finally catching up on my favorite blogs after a month, so I'm a bit late in my concern, but I hope Craig has healed well and that they were able to get everything. That is scary!!
ReplyDelete