After attempting, during the first week of summer vacation, to maintain some semblance of my former cleaning schedule and valiantly endeavoring to keep the house picked up with 3 kids home all day, I decided it was best to just give up. Three kids is only one more than two, I know, but there is something about the Julia-Savanna combo that brings dishes out of cupboards, toys out of hiding, and messes out of nowhere; and usually it happens in the blink of an eye.
The girls basically have two modes of interaction with one another: Shenanigan Mode, during which they get along incredibly well but make messes and defy mommy like nobody's business, or Fighting Mode, in which they don't really get along but somehow still manage to make huge messes. Either way, it's a little bit of a lost cause to hope for things to remain neat and orderly while they are together.
And so, for now, this is pretty much what things look like around here. (I am trying to pretend like I don't care.)
I guess it's the trade-off for having all my snuggle-buckets at home under one roof. Pretty soon, though, I will probably be ready to trade it back.
I definitely know how you feel..sigh:-/ At least they can use their imaginations. I often wonder when I come into contact with one of these "messes", what their plans were. As in where did their huge imaginations take them today:-)
ReplyDeletei have already given up and only have ellie! well, i've at least given up dusting, bathrooms, vacuuming and anything other than dishes and picking up hte family room. all that other stuff happens only if "guests" (not family) happen to be coming over,which is so rare that i rarely clean!
ReplyDelete