Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, March 26, 2015

What To Do?

What to do with an adorable, energetic boy who, up until two weeks ago, slept until at least 8 in the morning and now (that he's climbing out of his crib like a serial escape artist) thinks he can start getting up at 6 am?

What to do with a bored baby who dumps out all of the Little People toys just so he can turn the bin upside down, push it to the counter, and climb into the sink to play with the water?

What to do with a stubborn kiddo who all but refuses to say "Mama" while Mama happens to be the one that deals with his exhausting antics all the livelong day?

What to do with a hungry monkey who only wants to eat fruit snacks, crackers, and Pirate's Booty from morning til night because he is too busy to sit still long enough for an actual meal?

What to do with a handsome hulk who man-handles the "childproof" locks open so he can get into the bathroom and eat toothpaste and/or use it for hair gel?

What to do with a silly boy who used to scream bloody murder because he couldn't play in the backyard, and yet, now that he can, doesn't want to?

What to do with a terrifying tornado who, while I am endeavoring to clean up Mess A, runs off to get started on Messes B, C, and D?

What to do with a clever toddler who stealthily pushes a chair over to the kitchen island (while I am writing this very post) so that he can take a sponge bath in the bowl of sugar that I innocently left there?

Seriously, guys...what on earth am I supposed to do with this kid all day?



I sure love him. I really do. But I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

1 comment:

  1. Love him to death. And treasure the crap out of the ever-shortening moments while he sleeps.

    ReplyDelete