Julia recently applied to be a member of the National Elementary Honor Society. She came home super excited and told me that she had started loving school (that afternoon, after she received her application, that is).
Some highlights of the rough draft of her application essay included:
"I wish to join the National Elementary Honor Society because I am smart..."
"...most of the time I like to learn"
"I help others and include others (usually)"
and, my personal favorite,
"If I get in NEHS it will look good on my college application which will get me into a good college which will get me a good job to give me good money so I can use some of my leftover money to donate to schools like Mabel Padgett."
Yep. She's a schemer just like her dad.
{I love my little studious girl.}
Don't worry, we toned the essay down just a little bit for her final draft and tried not to bribe the review board with promises of future monetary donations.

But please save the first draft forever. Please.
ReplyDelete