I look at the calendar and think, can it really be October already? Time sure flies when you are shut inside all summer. (Actually, not really, but that's okay...it's OCTOBER!)
October is one of my favorite months.
It is the month when we can start to creep back outside after many, many long summer days of wishing that we didn't live in the desert.
It is the month when Christmas displays start coming out; the sooner the better, I say.
Halloween, I could take or leave, but I don't mind at all when delicious candy goes on sale.
And, best of all, it is the month when Laura, my beautiful, kind, genius sister was born.
Happy Birthday TODAY, La!
You are truly the best sister, aunt, daughter, sister-in-law, student, teacher, tea-maker, writer, recycler, and connoisseur of fluffy socks to quietly and unassumingly and beautifully walk the planet. Thank you for never failing in your unconditional love, support, humor, and general cute amazingness.
Happy, wonderful birthday!
P.S. Come visit soon.
Or, better yet, we will visit you and get cozy and have fires and drink tea and hot chocolate and borrow your socks and read your latest masterpieces and look out the window and play Yahtzee and stay up too late and go for walks in the forest. But not necessarily in that order.
How did I get so lucky to be related to the two most amazing women on the planet?? I don't know. But I am glad. Every day, I am glad.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the birthday wishes! Totally made me cry. (Not like "Somewhere Out There" on a cassette as a missionary kind of crying, but tears and sniffles kind.) Love you so!
ReplyDelete