Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Girl After My Own Heart

As long as I can remember, I have loved to clean, sort, and organize. I was always my mom's special helper, because I was the only one of her kids that shared with her this bizarre love of order and cleanliness. Savanna is typically my child that enjoys that sort of thing, doing chores and randomly cleaning up messes because she is both thoughtful and helpful.

Lex, though, is showing promise too, though her idea of organizing usually means grouping things together in an orderly fashion, but never actually putting them away. She surprised me the other day by "organizing" her room, which literally meant that she got all of her toys and miscellaneous items out and grouped them together in piles (oh, so many piles) with like objects and then proudly showed me the fruits of her labors.

She also worked hard recently on cleaning out the kitchen junk drawer. And by "cleaning," I mean taking everything out, sorting it, lining it up, and then leaving it on the counter for me to put away. She's definitely got steps one and two down; now we just need to work on step 3.





(Note the sunglasses and headband...because what girl doesn't take the time to accessorize when she's cleaning?)

Sometimes I just can't get over her wonderfully bright and spunky personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment