Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Sheer Shock and Other Updates

Okay, is anyone else shocking themselves like a mad person every time they touch anything (and anyone) in this wintry weather? Not only am I am hearing from the kids, at least five times a day, "Hey, you shocked me!" but I have also taken to turning on light switches with my elbow so as to protect my fried finger tips from any further damage. (Shuffling around in slippers while I am at home does not appear to be helping the situation, but how can I resist when they keep my feet so toastie warm?) (As opposed to the unwelcome warmth of electric shock any time that I walk more than two feet and then touch any surface, of course.)

In other news, Craig has been sick on and off since right after Thanksgiving. My poor guy sleeps pretty well at night with the help of the humidifier and then wakes up and sounds like he is coughing up a lung or two all day long. He is taking it like a trouper, though, and I am realizing just how much he helps me since he hasn't been feeling well enough to do all the normal Daddy stuff. (He has also been freezing cold, which is slightly amusing, since I am always the one that's cold, and he's always the one that says things like, "Okay, you have to stop touching me...your hand is too hot.") Hope he gets back to normal soon. It's hard when your baby is sick. :)

I am craving Top Ramen like a mad woman lately. I must attribute it to the fact that I am having a boy...with all the girls all I ever wanted was chocolate chip cookies and Skittles. The nice thing is, all I have to do is eat a package or two, and I've already met my sodium requirements for the week! Other things are weird/different as well, like the fact that my normally raging heartburn isn't actually that bad, probably because (I'm pretty sure) I am carrying a lot lower this time. Also, I'm as hungry as a bear. Usually by this time in a pregnancy I have almost no appetite, due to the fact that my stomach is squished to the size of an empty grape peel. But such has not been the case, and the crumbs of something delicious frequently dot the front of my shirt. I've heard that boys are very hungry little creatures, and this seems to be confirming it.

Looks like it's time for my pre-dinner smackerel. I'll catch up with you more as soon as I can!

1 comment:

  1. I loved catching up on all the posts I've missed as I've been AWOL for the last month. Trick #1 for baby #4: just give up; you're not going to do 3/4 of the things you want to, so why stress?

    Sorry Craig has been sick.

    Congratulations on the boy!!!

    ReplyDelete