Determined as I was to do homemade cards with a hand-written message this year, like I usually try (really really!) hard to do, I figured a photo card was better than nothing. (And nothing is precisely what it would have been without dear old Walgreens.) Pretty much, I figured it was better to be realistic and actually send something out, than to be optimistic and not.
Which brings me to the meat of it:
We got family pictures done! For the first time since Alexa was born! Good intentions, friends, good intentions. My road to you-know-where should be good and paved by now.
Thanks to a sweet lady in our ward who offered to do our pictures for free, (and at the last minute!) I can finally say that we have an updated family pic. I was fine with doing just the girls, but my friend convinced me to do all of us, for which I am grateful. Because, even though I'd rather see the kiddos than myself, these are, as my friend Holly says, "going to be the good pictures some day."
Here are some of my faves:
(see the flash of pink behind the tree?
That would be Alexa. Running like a maniac.)
Little Van ended up doing something weird in all of these
walking shots, but this as probably the best one.
I especially like the way Alexa is marching.
I love these ones, too, only because this is more like what we actually look like:
Alexa's look says "get me outta here!" while my
mischievous Savanna says, "you are trapped forever,
because that's what we do to little sisters around here!"
Total lack of cooperation.
(Just like in half of our family moments.)
Julia trying to be the boss.
Savanna hanging on for dear life.
(Like in the other half.)
I have so much more to tell...don't give up on me yet! I promise I haven't abandoned blogging for FB. I'd rather eat a pencil.
Stay tuned for more exciting adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment