Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break Part Deux

Initially, I expected to have as many pictures from the California portion of our trip as we did from the Utah part. Then I remembered that Craig didn't come with us to California, and he is the excellent picture taker, not me. So, here is my measly accounting of the time spent with Aunt Laura and Aunt Amy, which was incredibly amazing, but unfortunately not very well documented.


This happened within probably the first 30 minutes of
our adventure south. Only after we stopped in a few public
places to eat and use the bathroom, did Julia lament,
"I wish I hadn't written on myself."


The big highlight of the trip was our St. Patrick's Day
trip to the beach. Mistakenly, I thought that not letting
 the girls change into their bathing suits would
effectively keep them out of the cold ocean.
After their clothes got soaked, we admitted defeat
and put them in bathing suits anyway.


Lex was a trouper, but not crazy about the wind
or the ocean sounds. I think she might be like her Mommy,
who usually prefers to be indoors.


Beach Bliss.


Sand? Check. Water? Check. Laughter and delight? Check.


This is before the complete soaking of the clothes...


And this is after.


Happy Mermaid, at home in the ocean.


Lexa Boom-Boom, cute as can be.

Well, that's it. Pitiful and paltry, I know. Left undocumented are the trip to the "Ant Store" (the Bug Museum) and the visit to the renowned cupcake place with adorable cupcakes that happen to taste a little bit like barf. Trust me though: good times, every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment