Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monsons on Ice

What's funner than going ice skating for the first time? You guessed it...going ice skating with a bunch of kindergartners who are also ice skating for the first time! Craig and I got to join Julia and her kindergarten class for a fun-filled field trip to an ice skating rink. Incredibly fun, yes, but also a little bit scary, because not only were we trying to maintain our own balance on the ice, we were also being pushed and pulled by some cute little nuggets who were also depending on us to maintain their balance. Craig is naturally athletic, (as well as being incredibly handsome, I know) so he got the hang of it pretty quickly. By the end I was doing better, but let's just say that all my tween years hanging out at Stardust Roller Rink didn't come back to me as soon as I'd hoped. (Or at all, for that matter.) It is literally a miracle that I didn't fall down.


Silliness on the bus en route to the rink.


Looking like a natural.


Here is one of the adorable friends from our group.
She cried before she got out on the ice because she was
so scared, but after she gave it a shot she was
seriously one of the best ones out there.


No, eye rolling is not reserved for the times we are at home.


Julia and another adorable classmate.


Such a Kodak moment.


My Little Big Girl and I.


Another friend I found along the way.


More silliness on the way back to the school.

Now that we've tried it out, and we didn't die or get maimed, we want to go back sometime and bring Savanna along. Maybe next time we'll see the Zamboni* again. And maybe next time the stiff rental skates won't bruise my ankles for a week. And maybe next time we'll take some pictures of Craig to prove that he was there, too!

*It's impossible for me to mention a Zamboni without referencing one of my favorite movie quotes of all time:

"What? Friends listen to "Endless Love" in the dark!"

You get 10 points if you can identify the movie.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, man! I didn't get there fast enough. I wanted those ten points! Not sure what for, but I wanted them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was going to say that do, I get five points for just posting a comment?

    ReplyDelete