Lesson learned. Even museums with boring names can be fun. (But that does not mean I'll be hitting the Bead Museum anytime soon. I'm not that easily convinced.)
Of course, there were the obligatory dinosaur bones...
But there were also fun puzzles,
(really, really fun, by the looks of it)...
And you could even build your own dinosaur.
(My dream dinosaur does laundry and packs lunches,
but they didn't have all the parts for that one.)
They even provided this little girl to heighten the experience.
Lex busied herself with this puzzle
long enough to take a picture,
and ran around like a mad-woman in a
dinosaur museum for the rest of the time.
There were lovely sand toys
(note the goofy face that Savanna is making)
and plenty of things to entertain a curious 15-month-old.
Here was my favorite part of the experience.
A random chair in a random hallway
that was so comfortable I could have...
well, spent the Night at the Museum.
More puzzles...
a favorite Alexa moment...
And panning for gold!
We're still thinking of a way to spend all our findings.
The girls dug for dinosaur bones...
And got super-imposed onto a TV screen
featuring sea life. Good times.
Lex and I showed up in a strange Western movie...
(but wait, aren't all Westerns strange?)
And the girls got to lounge on this lovely sea turtle.
All in all, we had a really great time.
Looks like we really picked a winner!
the natural history museum has also been the last on my list as well; however, it's free and now i'm convinced! (the bead museum is also free and it's not SO bad)
ReplyDeleteYou had me at "FREE" where do I sign up?? lol!!!
ReplyDeleteMy girls love that museum! They keep begging me to go again. I've been enough times (at least 10) that I'm starting to dread it!
ReplyDeleteI love that place! I used to go all the time when I was little. They have/had? a wooly mammoth in this cave that would scare me to DEATH when it made noise. I couldn't go in the cave, lol.
ReplyDeleteYou know come to think of it, I was always interested in visiting this museum. But my lack of hesitation must be attributed to the fact it was refered to as the Dinosaur Museum in recommendations of friends. When I went to get the cultural pass, I was a slightly confused. I wholeheartedly admit to judging books by covers-what else is there?
ReplyDeleteMy kids loved this place too. I think they spent an hour just playing in front of the green screen making their heads float. Fun times!