It's not uncommon for the girls to fight over something. (Anything, in fact. Toothbrushes, toys, shoes, old Kleenex. It doesn't matter what it is, it only matters that "she has it, mommy! I had it first!") In fact, it's actually uncommon for them not to fight over something.
That being said, this morning, the girls were pulling random food out of the fridge while I was working on the computer, and Julia brought in a bag of apples for me to open. (It was only being held closed with a twister, but that kind of technology is something that I've only recently mastered, so I don't expect Julia to attempt it just yet. "Okay, does it go this way? No, it's the other way...wait, no, I was untwisting it right the first time. Wait, was I? Dangit!") So, I told them that they could have an apple only if they shared it. (In many ways, the word "share" is actually similar to a swear-word. In any case, the use of it usually incites the same kind of ranting and rioting that a swear-word might.) So, Julia has the apple, and Savanna grabs it from her, then Julia grabs it back, it repeats a few times and then Julia finally gets it again, and while she's bringing it up to her mouth for a bite, she tells me, "I have to have a bite first because I've never had an apple before." Wow. It's actually hard to believe that 14 little words can be so drenched with such big, fat fibness. This may very well be the most ridiculous lie that has ever been told! I'm filing this one under the category of "so hilarious I won't even try to laugh, because I'll never be able to laugh hard enough to do it justice." Seriously. I tried.
(I feel compelled to mention that this very same apple, which inspired such desperate seizing and fib-telling, is currently lying on the floor of the play-room, half eaten. Apparently J's first experience with an apple was not all it was cracked up to be.)
Hey! It' Heather, Chris' wife. Craig gave him your blog address. I love your posts! Very entertaining! Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete