Like...
Savanna's 4th grade field trip to the Arizona State Capitol. (Which was super interesting, and even a little fun, despite the educational nature of such an endeavor.) Savanna got to pick the students that would be in our group, and even though she had to pick two boys along with herself and another girl, she did a great job and picked some good ones. (Read: I wasn't completely stressed out chasing around another person's kid while navigating an unfamiliar location and being silently observed but not actually helped by other parents and/or teachers.)
Despite the impossible-to-finish scavenger hunt that we were assigned in order to kill some time before our Capitol Museum tour (which we, not surprisingly, did not finish), I would say the day was a roaring success.
I thought this would be cool pic, with the statue saluting in the background.
Then I cut the head off the statue while photographing it.
And also the kids were facing the sun and couldn't open their eyes.
So we'll call that one a fail, though the intentions were good.
So we'll call that one a fail, though the intentions were good.
Savanna is adorable.
We coincidentally ran into the state representative over our district,
who gave us an impromptu tour of the Senate building, which was so super cool.
Because that is where our elected state representatives have
cool things like Donald Trump bobble-heads on their desk
All in all, a very tiring, but super awesome day.
Also in March...
Spirit day happened, which we are never very good about remembering, but managed to this time around.
These girls went all out, including using a wealth of face paint, which I am pretty sure was actually old Halloween make-up. (Alexa meticulously applied "GCU" across her own forehead while looking in the mirror...and ended up with a perfect mirror-image of the letters which, while they looked right in her own cute little reflection, were backwards to everyone else.)
And also...
House painting success!
(Well, success after the debacle of picking too light of a color which we had to change halfway through the painting process once we realized it wasn't primer, though it looked like it was, and paying for half a house worth of extra paint along with two extra days of labor.)
But look how pretty!
Remember how crusty it looked before?
We are so glad for the change, despite our expensive rookie mistake of not trying out actual paint samples on the actual house.
Somehow it's the same amount of messy on the inside, though. I still haven't been able to figure that one out.
And that's a wrap for March highlights, people. Stay tuned becasue I am determined to keep showing up on here, I promise.


No comments:
Post a Comment