Our littlest tyke just turned 4 years old, and I can hardly believe it.
With his constant snuggles, incessant smiles, love for life (and obsession with all things Cars), we truly love and enjoy this little boy more than I could adequately express. I would love to just freeze his cute little self and squeeze every last little precious drop of four-ness out of him that I possibly can.
In true Spencer style, we celebrated his birthday with a Cars-themed party...which worked out nicely, considering we still had all of the decorations from last year. After making the desperate mistake of promising him a birthday party after he learned how to go poop in the potty (waaaay before his actual birthday) this poor kid was feeling pretty tortured. Every time he pooped, he would ask, "Can I start my birthday? Now is it time for my birthday??" Every. Single. Time. For at least a month.
Thank goodness the day finally arrived. First, we did a friend party (or, glorified 4-year-old play date, as I like to call it). Then, we had a family party that night. The house was covered in decorations and Lightning McQueen cupcakes a la Grandma Linda. Pretty much the works.
Basically, it was the best day a 4-year-old Cars lover could hope for.
He still asks to start his birthday after he poos. When I tell him his birthday has passed, he says, "No, my 'nother birthday!"
He's still got a little over 11 months to go, but I'm crossing my fingers that for his 'nother birthday, we can get just one more year of use out of these Cars decorations.
May all his cute little wishes come true.


No comments:
Post a Comment