Well, okay, the only one who really had jitters today was me. I slept terribly last night and had weird nonsense dream-mares about all of the things that could go wrong today. Thankfully, everything went off without a hitch.
I have, surprisingly, been blessed with three amazing girls who don't have even a fraction of the anxiety that I had as a kid at the start of every school year. Hallelujah. It was torture for me so I know it must have been unbearable for my mom.
Here are my girlies rocking their new first day outfits {note Lexa's matching leopard print fingernails courtesy of my friend, Sarah} and showing their mommy that the start of a new school year does not have to mean tears and torment.

It's been quiet and lovely around here and, in the strange absence of the total chaos to which we have become accustomed over the last two months, Spencer and I are trying to figure out what it will be like to be completely alone together for the next three years.
Today, it looked like this...
...but I have a feeling that tomorrow it will involve a blue shopping cart and a little store I like to call Ross.

First days are hard ones for mommys. I am so glad that it went so well for them! Enjoy your time with that little brown eyed angel/devil. Cuz I already know you'll enjoy your time at Ross. (Which is so much better than the place-of-which-we-do-not-speak that has blue shopping carts in my town.)
ReplyDelete