Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, July 30, 2015

What I Like About Knott's

This year, thanks to my parents' generosity, my whole family (parents, siblings, nieces and nephews) was able to spend a week at a rental house in Southern California just minutes from beaches, Knott's Berry Farm, and that magical, unaffordable place called Disneyland. {My dad was thinking that the proximity would allow all of us to have our choice of where to spend our days since everything was so amazingly close; suffice it to say that we settled on the beach and Knott's Berry Farm this time around because we weren't willing to give up our oldest child in order to pay for our entrance into the Magic Kingdom.}

I have been putting this off for a couple of weeks, as I am often wont to do, partly because I was out of town for a few days, but mostly because I have so, so many pictures to go through that it gets a little daunting at times to try to catch up and fit it all in. Also, I don't love it when this trusty blog reads like a travelogue, but well, it is what it is. (This means get ready for a photo journal of the day's events.)

On day one of Knott's, we snapped pictures, drank our weight in first-day souvenir cup refills (then dumped the soda out and opted for water when we were all melting in the sun), and tried our darndest to stay together as a family before splitting up according to who could go on which rides. It's the nature of having children that don't happen to be the same age or height, I suppose. Thankfully, Craig and his mom were champs and stayed with Spencer and Lexa so that the older girls and I could go on some of the bigger rides. (It still amuses me that middle class Americans choose to spend their money on things like near-death experiences. I obviously do it too, though, so I can't judge.)


Little Linus


Just getting started and ready to melt


Oh, yes


The only one who needs a psychiatrist around here is me, and,
 let's be honest, I certainly wouldn't trust any of these quacks


In which Savanna refuses to have any fun in Camp Snoopy


Lovely Lex


Cool Cat


Train Buddies


Only the handrail was stopping me from jumping right into this waterfall, I tell you


Remember what I said about near-death experiences?
We had one of those 3 times in a row on Supreme Scream


Family fun on the Dragon Swing


In which Craig carries my purse like the real man he is


Beautiful Babies


Whew. That's the end of Day One. Thank goodness we left early to go back to the house for dinner. Maybe in a month or two I'll post the rest.

1 comment:

  1. So so so CUTE!!!! Maybe next year (decade) when we have money, we'll go with you! :) Also, are you ALLOWED to wear a Frozen shirt at Knotts??

    ReplyDelete