Christmas Eve was a dream. My fabulous mother-in-law Linda spoiled us with a delicious ham dinner and all I had to do was make the mashed potatoes...which I pretty much delegated to my brother, Michael. (Though I did peel and boil them. With Spencer's help, of course.) The rest of the day we pretty much just hung out and cleaned up. And, I think there was a quick trip to Target somewhere in there for some last-minute items. (Note to self: avoid Target if possible on Christmas Eve. It seems most people wait until then to do all of their shopping.) I'm pretty sure we fit a nap in there, too. Cleaning, Target, napping and a wonderful ham dinner are a good combination for a fabulous Christmas Eve, if I do say so. (Even though Target was crazy. I sure love that place.)
{helpful child}
{preparing to feast}
{being silly with Dryden}
{hanging with Uncle Nate}
{Loving on Grandma Lorene}
{obligatory photo montage}
{nightgowns from Grandma Linda}
We snuck in some present opening time before dinner and then we all mooned over Baby Kaden for the rest of the night and argued over whose turn it was to hold him next. (The girls have nothing on me. I am most definitely his fave. After his mommy, Annie, anyway.) Then we watched him make adorable faces and snuggled him and tried to plot how we could send his parents home conveniently forgetting that he was still at our house. Sadly, we were foiled in the attempt.



No comments:
Post a Comment