Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Christmas to All

Well, here it is. The Christmas Post. You know, the one that you have all (okay, not really) been waiting for. But this is the last one to go in the blog book for 2014, so I better get it done so Craig can finish up editing and getting the book together (and also stop asking me when I think I am going to finally write this post.)

Christmas was dreamy. We did stockings, (ate candy), had an unhealthy breakfast (followed by candy), then opened the rest of our gifts (and had just a little more candy). The kids even slept in until 8. (Well, actually, they were up before that and just didn't wake us up until 8 because they were under strict orders not to come in our room until then. Sorry, peeps that got up when it was still dark outside; that's just how we roll.) Then we napped, got dressed, and hung out with family for leftovers, fun, and festivities until we crawled back in bed and hibernated some more. What more could we ask for?

Here's the plethora of pics:


{The famous Candy Trail. Thank goodness Santa shops the candy sales after 
Halloween. No one seemed to notice that the m & m's were in Fall colors.}


{the spread}


 



{everyone's loot}



{the before and after of the American Girl Dolls, which really aren't American Girl Dolls 
at all, though no one seems to mind. And they call them "American Dolls" anyway.}


{under the Kistletoe, Julia's present for Craig and I, made out of 
materials that she pulled off of our wreaths. Tricksy Hobbit.}


{A stomachache for Christmas? Yes, please!}


{Some great moments.
The above pic of Lexa is my fave.}



{more sweet treats, courtesy of Linda}


{Winding down with Grandma Lorene at the end of the day.}

I found a quote last year that I really love:

"There is no greater gift at Christmas than to have 
everything you want before you open the gifts."

Though I love the sentiment, this year and last, it actually felt true this Christmas and I was so grateful for that. After all the shopping, and bargain hunting, and planning ahead and trying to find the things that everyone will love, there is absolutely something (everything, really) to be said for contemplating the magnificent gifts in our lives that we get to experience each and every day: healthy bodies, able minds, treasured relationships, love to feel and to share, talents to develop, trials that bring strength and clarity, a loving God who gave us life and is our biggest supporter. 

And the best part? We get to open those gifts on every single day of the year.

Hope your Christmas was magical and memorable.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Christmas. I'm glad you {unlike me} bothered to take pictures of yours. I'm also glad it's over. And thanks for the reminder about the real gifts. That we get to have every day without wrapping OR putting up a tree.

    ReplyDelete