Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring + Beautiful Girls

Okay, so technically Spring has been around since February, and we are pretty much already on our way to summer, but I look at these photos, and they just seem so Spring-ish, and sunny, and beautiful, so since the sun is not quite my mortal enemy yet, I will try to embrace its splendor for the time-being.

Our wonderful HOA puts together an awesome neighborhood event in April that includes free food, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, and rock climbing. I missed the event last year to be home with a newborn baby, and since it was happening right in the middle of Spencer's nap-time this year, Craig kindly let me be the "fun parent" and take the girls on my own.

News flash: Being the fun parent isn't so fun. The girls certainly did have a blast, but man, this fun-parent business is a lot of work. Like pushing Lex almost the whole way to the park on her bike (since she pedals about like she's cycling through molasses), waiting almost an hour in line for face painting and making another little girl cry because she was trying to cut in front of other kids that had been waiting equally as long, trying to dish up everyone's food by myself, then hurrying home with my hands so full of plates of hot dogs and chips and capri suns that I couldn't push Alexa back and had to keep yelling behind me "come on honey, speed it up a little," and then having to give my own hot dog away because someone else dropped hers in the dirt.

Man alive. Henceforth and forevermore, Craig has my blessing to be the fun parent, and I will gladly volunteer to stay behind with the napping child and watch Netflix by myself for two hours. Now I see that he has actually been doing me a favor for all these years and not the other way around. Thanks, babe. Be as fun as you want and I'll be here when you get back.

Some highlights:



I love these sister shots


No words to describe how much I love love love these girls


J went right for the baby chicks...


...while Lex wanted nothing to do with touching them.


Natural Caregiver, this one





Oh, also I learned that Craig is an awesome picture-take and I am a lame-o. (Okay, so I already knew that.) This was all I got because the rest of my time was spent in line for something or other. Fun Shmun.

No comments:

Post a Comment