My children quite often push me to the very brink of my sanity and constantly test my ability to make rational decisions and/or actually see a thought through to its glorious finish. Thankfully, they also have a great talent for making hysterical and adorable remarks, which helps me remember that lightness, though sometimes harder to achieve, is definitely the way to go (when at all possible!) in the midst of raising 4 squirrelly children. Some gems of late:
Julia:
~You want me to dust? I'm not a butler!
~Savanna, do you know what rain is? It's the clouds throwing up.
Alexa:
~(mouthing the words to "Let it Go"): I'm singing, Mommy. I just have my volume turned down.
~Lex: I can't wait to get bigger so I can buy pretty clothes and things.
Me: You know what makes you perfect? How kind and helpful you are. It's not the things you wear.
Lex: Mmm, I'll still be perfect and kind when I have pretty clothes.
They're kooky. And crazy. And they're mine, all mine.
oh how i miss the monson humor!!! :) hugs!
ReplyDeleteBecause truly, what is the point of being kind and helpful if you don't have pretty clothes??
ReplyDelete