Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

On to April

I almost can't believe that it's April already. Being that it's my birthday month (what, don't you celebrate your birthday for a whole month?) I am usually ready to jump ahead and fill out my lovely wipe-off calendar the minute it's legitimately April. That's right, folks. I watch the clock intently on the last day of March, dry erase marker in hand, and I'm all over that bad boy the second the oven clock changes from 11:59 pm on March 31st to 12:00 am on April 1st. 

Okay, so not really, but I'd be a whole lot cooler if I did. The truth, though, is that I normally have no issue whatsoever of erasing March's events and immediately filling in the promise of April, starting, of course, with the Very Important Date of my birthday. And yet this month, I will admit to dragging my feet until almost the second week of the new month, not because of a silly issue with aging or anything vain like that, but because I don't want to erase and thus obliterate the requisite validation I've gotten used to from seeing "5k!!" staring at me from March 8th's snug little box. It's been good for me, I tell you, to be reminded me that yes, I actually do do some things that don't involve making unpopular dinners or cracking down on teeth brushing or picking up other people's messes.

I guess I'll have to start wearing my medal around my neck. And maybe stick my college diploma on the front of the fridge. And while I'm at it, I should probably pin my Writing Celebration Certificate of Merit from the 3rd grade to the front of my shirt, too, just for good measure.


Just don't be surprised at my bulky new accessories the next time you see me.

1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up on your blog! Yay for your 5K! and for improving your time since then! It's really hard to start running. Can't wait to see your 10k pictures. Then you'll have TWO medals to wear the next time we meet. :)

    ReplyDelete