Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Santa Baby...Slip a Machete Under the Tree, For Me

The last time we were in Flagstaff (over Thanksgiving weekend), Julia started coveting her Aunt Amy's machete. That's right, I said machete. Amy uses a machete to trim down tinder for the cozy fires in their cabin's wood-burning stove; since the girls started helping out with this, quite the attachment has formed on Julia's part, to the point where she told us that she wants one of her own. 



The machete: just a basic accessory for any 8-year-old girl walking in the woods

Imagine Santa's surprise when Julia sat on his lap and asked him for one. He looked quizzically at Craig and said, "You mean like a knife?" What he should have said was, "You'll poke your eye out!"


I think her "thank you" may have been a little premature; I talked to Santa he said there's no way in heck he's bringing her one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment