Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, November 16, 2013

On My Thankful List

I have been thinking so much about gratitude lately...and not just because it's November and Thanksgiving is stealthily sneaking up on me, I promise. I have actually been trying to focus on it for a while, and I have found that the quotes are true: gratitude really does bring happiness. And not because you suddenly get everything you ever wanted; more because you suddenly realize that you already have it.


In the spirit of November thankfulness, here are just a few wonderful things to top my thankful list.



#1: A NEW temple that is 30 minutes away! 
What a tremendous blessing to live in a time and place 
where the House of the Lord is in such close proximity to us.


#2: Children who PLAY! Even though they can also watch tv 
with the best of them, these girlies get going with some toys 
and they will play for hours. It makes my heart so happy.


(note that the tv is OFF. Happy sigh.)


#3: GROCERIES! No, I am not particularly crazy about planning menus or
spending hours at the grocery store, but what a real blessing to have the means 
and ability to feed my family and never worry about them going hungry.
Which brings me to my next thankful thing...


#4: CRAIG! He may steal my computer, but gosh dang if he isn't the the kick-trashinest
 husband, Daddy, and provider for his family that a girl could ever hope to land.


#5: BABIES! This one, in particular, but I really do love them all.
Where else do you get to squeeze such delicious little bundles of raw potential?


#6: ALEXA! Despite her reminders that we can't be friends because she is my kid,
I love spending my days with this little buddy of mine who helps me in any way she can,
sings her heart out all the live-long day, and aspires to be a baton twirler when she grows up.


 #7: NATURE! Most especially during this time of year when it is absolutely lovely to be outside.


So...what's on your thankful list?

p.s. thanks to Lara at Overstuffed for letting me steal the awesome quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment