Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Little Negotiator and Other Alexa Humor

Oh, Lexa Boom. How do we love thee? 

We are so in love with Alexa's  emerging personality. She LOVES to sing, dance, and entertain the masses. (Usually she makes up her own lyrics, though occasionally she'll throw in a line from a Taylor Swift or One Direction song just to keep things interesting.) She literally sings her way through life. Truly, if we took video of every official and unofficial "performance" of this girl, we would have no memory left on the computer. Alexa's penchant for remembering lines in every book that has ever been read to her also reinforces the idea in my head that this starlet has some kind of future in musical theater. She is adorable and talented in every sense of the word.

Little Miss is also getting to that ripe old age of three and a half where just about everything that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh. I'm talking cracking-up, face-hurting laughter, not just the obligatory mommy chuckle. Today on our way to her nursery class, (where she has semi-recently started going on her own, but still needs a tiny bit of parent lingering to get her comfortable) I told her that I would only be able to stay with her for a minute. She held up ten fingers and asked, "How about this many?" I came back with, "How about two minutes?" She countered: "How about five?" I countered: "How about three?" Ever the negotiator, she came back at me one more time. "How about four?" Okay. Deal.

Some other funny moments:

1) Lex: Mommy, you're in-trusting.
    Me: I think you're interesting.
    Lex: No, I'm not in-trusting. I'm cute.

2) Chuckling in response to the talk radio tag-line, "the voice of Arizona": "Ha. Arizona doesn't have a voice!"

3) Me: Savanna, you're so vain. You probably think this song is about you.
    Lex: No! It's about ME!

4) Listening to the song "Two is better than one": "Actually, it's better than four."


The cutester herself. Getting ready to start (yet another) performance.

1 comment: