Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Flagstaff Farewell

My sister-in-law Amy invited the kiddos and I up to their cabin in Flagstaff for a few days in July to get out of the stinking heat and I said, "YES!" 

It was lovely, as always, to get away for a few days and especially wonderful to have a little "farewell to summer even though summer is not really over" trip. The girls agree. Spencer remains adorably indifferent.

The trip was chock-full of exciting things like Fort Building (Amy and the girls) and Reading! (me). One two-day stint with a 500-page novel and I was feeling semi-intelligent again. (Turns out I DO still know how to read, which was very comforting for the likes of me and my Mushy Mommy Brain.)


hanging out in the adorable new fort that they helped build. 


a few pallets, some wood scraps, and Awesome Aunt Amy, and these girls
 were in business...the fort-making business, that is.


Lex is also considering going into tree hammering, 
but I'm not sure how lucrative that will be. 


J getting ready to make a much needed shelf for the fort. Ever the practical one.


pinecone collecting was on the list of things to do...


...along with lizard catching.





Cutie Spencer chilled indoors and spent most his time eating, sleeping, and spitting up....


...when he wasn't having a staring contest, that is.


 Wonderful


Wonderfuller


Wonderfullest


Outside Picnic with Oatmeal and Crystal Light on the menu
(This was also around the time that the girls decided to pretend to be
 farmers, filling the air with shouts of "Howdy!" and "I'm gonna hit the hay." 
A. Dorable.)



Amazing, thundery rainstorm 



(Once they saw how dirty the water was from the roof, 
they did NOT try to drink it. Hallelujah.)


(If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe, she'd have been married a long time ago...)



As for me, much of time was spent doing this...


...and enjoying picking from the multitude of books at my fingertips.

Farewell, dear cabin...please have us back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment