When I was a kid, I was under the mistaken impression (thanks to my procrastinator parents) that rolls of film took about a year to develop. Imagine my surprise when I got my first camera and discovered that pictures could actually be developed in as little as an hour. A whole new world opened up to me!
Well, I'll own that I got at least a portion of that procrastinator gene, which is probably why Craig found an underwater camera in our swim bag that has been sitting there since last summer. Since he happened to be in a go-getter mood himself (he is something of a procrastinator as well, though we can't trace it directly back to his parents) he took the camera in before work a few days ago to get the pictures developed. (Is that even the word for it anymore? Or do we just say "printed" now? I'm so behind, people.)
Out of 22 pictures, there were about 4 good ones:
The rest were random, wasted pictures that the girls took of empty water, sky, and the occasional shot of the television in my mom and dad's living room:
(this one did get half a point for cuteness but was ultimately marked down for being so blurry)
These digital camera-age kids have no idea that there is such thing as not being able to go back and erase a dumb picture that you don't want.
Unfortunately, we (read: Craig) probably won't learn our lesson and will end up buying yet another way-too-expensive underwater camera this summer, to be promptly developed in the spring of 2014.
(So stay tuned.)








LOVE this post... your kids look just as they should- one year younger just as i left them!
ReplyDelete