Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, April 27, 2013

He's Here!!


Spencer made it! At 1:50 pm on April 18th, weighing in at 7 lb 13.6 oz. and spanning 21 whole inches.


I spent 9 months of pregnancy hoping against hope that my body would (for once!) go into labor on its own, when I finally resigned myself to the fact that I would need to be induced yet again. The date was set and I was feeling content, despite the fact that my induction time was set for 4 in the morning.


Imagine my surprise, then, when my water started leaking at 6:30 in the morning the day BEFORE I thought I would be having Spencer. (This is not how my body functions. I was completely astounded.) Despite the signs, I was convinced that we would get to the hospital and be sent home. After all, my history suggests that this phenomenon does not happen to me. Imagine my further surprise, then, when we were pulling off the freeway on our way to the hospital around 9 am and my water completely broke. Again, this does not happen to me. My water has never broken on its own, and never outside of a controlled environment, i.e., the hospital!



By 9:15 I was getting in some Solitaire on my phone and waiting to be put into an actual room.



By 10:15 I was in said room...



By 12, my epidural was in full swing...



And by 1:20 I was at a ten and being told not to push until the doctor got there.
(Craig took a picture of the 10 on the clock because I was not in
 the mood to hold up ten fingers for a photo. Sorry to disappoint, folks.)



By 2:00, the cutest boy ever was placed in my arms and I was thinking 
to myself, "how on earth were we ever so scared of having a little boy??"

One second with Spencer Lee and we were smitten beyond words with our tiny, beautiful prince.

5 comments:

  1. He's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations! I hope momma and baby are doing well and that he's adjusting to house full of mommies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Spencer! What a nice surprise to go into labor on your own. And now you have your own water-breaking story to tell :) Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! He is so cute. Glad it all went well and pretty quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! Congrats! Can't wait to meet him in person. I'm dying to hold a little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is SO cute!!!!!! He looks a lot like a Monson;-). Wish I was going Friday to the girls night out, so I could meet him:-/. Next time!

    ReplyDelete