Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hot Day at the Zoo

Did you know that it's easy as pie to find a great parking space at the zoo over Labor day weekend? I didn't either. But I bet you can guess why: it's hot as Hades in Phoenix over Labor Day weekend, and no one in their right mind comes to the zoo during such dire times. (No one except us, of course.) We decided to brave the weather, and, of course, the kids had a blast. (Or so I'm told, anyway. Cyndie, Fantasia, and I cut out of there after about an hour so we could go to the mall while the Daddies stayed with the younger kids. We love our families, but we're not crazy, you know.)


Love Love Love this cousin shot. 
Thank you, Annoying Zoo Photographer for 
getting all the kids to stand together for this picture.


Did I mention is was Exceedingly Hot that day?
Sweaty Lexy can tell you all about it.


This poor Utah kid had no idea how to process desert heat.


This one either...at least the pink cheeks are so cute!


Hot days are Old Hat for this desert rat...


...And Daddy handles the heat with 
the help of lots and lots of soda.


A + J
Best cousins forever.


Ahoy there, Mateys! Thar blows the blindin' sun!


I heard that this Kimodo dragon was super-patient 
while Craig took this picture.


Looks like Lincoln takes his posing very seriously.


The kiddos loved the new Orangutan exhibit.


What's a trip to the zoo without shelling out ridiculous 
amounts of money on overpriced concessions?



LaVerl and Lincoln, two peas in a desert-loathing pod.


Lex and Linc, resting their feet after a long day.


Queen Audrina and her royal subjects.


Time to get in the car and blast 
the a/c on these hot, tired faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment