Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Before I Forget...

July was an exciting month for us...we had a Monsoon storm that broke our tree, lots (and lots) of swim lessons, multiple opportunities to sleep in (if you call sleeping 'til 8 because you made your kids get their own breakfast "sleeping in''... which I do) and our semi-annual trip to visit my sister in Utah. As usual, we had a great time enjoying blissful summer weather, swimming, lounging, and, of course, basking in the inherent revelry that ensues when 4 adults, 5 kids, 2 babies, and 1 dog spend a week together under one roof. Here are some of the highlights.



After 7 long hours of driving, Lex finally got us 
to Cedar City without a hitch.
Thanks for driving, Babykins.


First stop: the annual Pioneer Day picnic. 
Ooh, baby, nothing says "Happy Pioneer Day"
 like cheap barbecue beef sandwiches on a Stake Center lawn.


(Her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades.)


Mommy in training, perhaps?


Check out this fresh hat I made (well, decorated) 
more than half a lifetime ago at Girl's Camp; 
my mom still uses it for decor. 
(I don't know what's saddest in that sentence: 
"half a lifetime ago" or "uses it for decor." 
I think it's the second one.)


At 9 months apart, these girls are crazy for each other.


Messing around at Grandma's new house. 
(Which is, incidentally, my sister's old house.)


Silly Drina Bean


Say what you will, but Lexa insists that the 
sun'll come out tomorrow. And I believe her. 
(In fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar.)


My brother-in-law, LaVerl, is notorious for falling asleep 
when we're all hanging out together. Little did I know, 
he is capable of holding on to his soda while doing so.


Naptime was a bust one day when Lexa discovered this 
bucket full of stickers on her cousin's desk...


I like to call this one: How I Know I Married the Right Man
(a.k.a Craig changing a poopy diaper 
on the ground at the Pioneer Day Parade)


LaVerl and the kiddos


Vanna saw like a fish and had so much fun 
at the Cedar City Aquatic Center


Good times indeed


Selling churros to hungry swimmers at the C.C.A.C.: pure genius


Little Surfer Boy Lincoln. 
I have yet to get over this handsome little man.


Fun at the park


I hope this isn't any indication of a future stint 
in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition...


This one was just impossible to pass up.


Whew! One week of solid fun means 
tuckering out on the way home is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment