Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just When You Thought You Were Accomplishing Something...

On Tuesday this week, I was feeling really good about getting some things done around the house without any interruptions. (Note: This never happens.) Amazingly, I got all of the floors downstairs swept, mopped, and vacuumed without so much as a "Mommy, I need..." It was truly miraculous.

Of course, I knew in my heart of hearts that there would somehow be a price to pay for this 45 minute interval with no appearances from my little friends. When I heard the DVDs being dropped onto the floor upstairs, I sensed troubled. Immediately following said noise, Savanna sounded the alarm: "Mom! She got your buttons!" (Thanks for the warning, Savanna. Oh, and thanks for opening up the jar of buttons for Lexa so she could dump them out all over.)

I came upstairs to witness the following:




So, whatever time I saved on floor-cleaning sans interruptions, I made up in DVD-picking-up and button gathering. 

It's good for me that I have the girls to remind me who's really in charge of my life these days.

(Hint: It's not me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment