Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Following in Cinderella's Footsteps

While Alexa was helping me mop the other day, I was reminded of a similar scenario from just a couple years ago. I've never enjoyed mopping with kids around just because it takes twice as long with their assistance. (Not that I enjoy mopping when they aren't around, either, but given the choice between the two, I prefer the latter.) I try to be good about accepting their help, though, since their little hearts are in the right place, and soon enough I will be asking myself why on earth I didn't spend as much time with them as possible when they actually enjoyed being in the same room with me. With their help, things don't always get done efficiently, but at least they get done together.

Anyway, here is the Savanna of yesteryear (at about 22 months) mopping right alongside the Alexa of today. (Notice the change in scale of the mop size. The Lexa of today made a much smaller mess than the Savanna of yesteryear.)





I love how these little sweeties think mopping with Mommy is a treat. And I need to remember that mopping with them is a treat, too.

(Check out the playroom in the background of the pictures: the years change, but the mess remains the same...)  

No comments:

Post a Comment