Monson Fonsons

Monson Fonsons

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sticking with the Status Quo

Daddy Love. It's something against which Mommy's faculties are completely powerless. Mostly I am at peace with the fact that I am not the preferred parent, but every now and then when I am faced with its startling reality, the sad reminder of my chopped liver status makes me a little wistful.

On Monday, Savanna spilled some fruit loops on the stairs. Ever concerned with our feelings concerning her actions, she asked, "Mommy, do you love me?" I was quick to reassure her tender feelings: "Honey, of course I love you. This was an an accident, and I will always love you, even when you have accidents."

Satisfied with my response, Savanna used that very moment to offer a swift, adorable, kick in the teeth:

"And I will always love Daddy."



Who can compete with that?

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow second class parent, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently devastating heartbreak is in my future too? do all kids do this to their sweet mothers?

    ReplyDelete