Frustrated with only eating half of a bowl of cereal for breakfast every morning, I devised a plan: I would make her her very own second breakfast so that she would be distracted enough to let me eat my Cocoa Krispies in peace. The other day, on my way downstairs to get a bowl of cereal, I asked Savanna if she wanted some cinnamon toast. "Yes," she said. "And peas."
Really? Peas?? Blech.
Gross as it sounds to a pea hater like me, I knew she was serious. Van is my little pea-eater extraordinaire. She asks for me to open a can of peas for her snack at least once a week. So, second breakfast that day consisted of peas and toast. Yummy.
She's a nut, I know it. But such a lovable little nut. And peas are such a small price to pay for eating my breakfast without any help.
P.S. We might be giving peas a break for a little while. For the last two days, the second breakfast request has been toast and marshmallows.
Yes, canned peas are gross. Frozen are so much better. Just don't try to convince me that cantaloupe and honey dew are good... See my dad he has lunch about 5 times a day. If you time it right and show up to bakers at the right time, lunch is free.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little hobbit. Does she like elevensies too?
ReplyDeletethanks, Holly, for getting the reference...I actually can't even say "second breakfast" without hearing Pippin in my head. :)
ReplyDeleteI always knew Vanna and I were kindred spirits. I too, indulge in 2nd breakfast!
ReplyDelete